This full day excursion gives you the opportunity to make 'a holiday within a holiday'. Only 1 1/2 hours' time separates you from a totally different world: Turkey ‑ the bridge between Europe and Asia.
Duration: 10 hours
You can travel to the land of mosques and minarets, immerse yourselves in the colourful fragrant world of bazaars, enjoy the native specialities or visit the 'witnesses' of Pre‑Christian past, e.g. the famous archaeological site of Ephesus, the most significant monument of antiquity and the largest Greek Roman excavations in the Mediterranean Area (excellent guiding).
Before returning to Samos you still have time at leisure in the small harbour town of Kusadasi, which ‑ in spite of its increasing tourism has still preserved its oriental character with coffee‑houses, small bazaars and Turkish baths 'Hamams'. A truly unforgettable day!
DURATION: 10 HOURS TOUR: EVERY TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, SATURDAY, SUNDAY
· Departure 8:30am from Pythagorion or Samos port
· Arrival 9:50am at Kusadasi Port - Turkey
· Bus pickup 10:30am to Ephesus tour (with certified guide)
· Return from Ephesus to Kusadasi at 14:00pm
· Free time to leisure in the small harbour town of Kusadasi
· Departure 17:00pm from Kusadasi Port- Turkey
· Arrival 18:30pm at Pythagorion or Samos port
· Private local licensed guide
· Transportation with air-conditioned modern coach
· Ferry tickets and all entrance fees included
· Pickup and drop-off where the tour concludes
· No extra hidden charges
· English (everyday)
· German (every Thursday and Sunday)
· Greek, Dutch, Italian (every Thursday)
· Lunch at Ephesus is available, with an extra charge of 10€ (drinks excluded)
· Transfer to Pythagorion port for departure is available, with an extra charge of 6€
· Children of 0-6 years old are free of charge for the ferry tickets
· Children of 7-12 years old are charged with the 50% of the ticket price
European passengers can travel to Turkey with their ID or Passport. For non-European passengers passports are mandatory.
A port tax of 10€ is paid upon arrival at Kusadasi port.